The mac is not the best system to run the latest batch of emulators. I can promise to get the emulator program working, but not every game. Its still better to buy an actual PS2 and the actual game, but this is a start up tutorial to help you get tinkering. Below is some text instructions that will help.
- PCSX2, the latest windows version, standalone installer.
- Bios files. You can finds these on a google search from Iso Zone, or other places.
- Xquartz http://xquartz.macosforge.org/landing/ I believe this needs to be installed to open the emulator window
- Wineskine Winery app
- A game iso rom file. I'd assume you own PS2 games already, its the most popular system of all time.
- Open Wineskin Winery. Create a wrapper. Name your app PCSX2. View wrapper in finder.
- Open the app's package by right-clicking "show package contents" Double click Wineskin.
- Install PCSX2 software. Choose setup executable (the PCX2 exe installer). Quit.
- Back out of the folders. Double click the actual application PCSX2.
- PCSX2 settings. GS: ZeroGS. SPU2: Configure. Select PortAudio.
- Put your PS2 Bios files inside the Bios folder in the OSX user document's folder! Overall its pretty annoying finding the right directories, and I'm not going to go into it further. I left it default because the program crashes and gets confused sometimes.
- Select the bios and hit Finish! The PCSX2 is running. You can run your ISO rom files with fast boot.
- Recheck your graphics and audio settings, like the PortAudio, and make sure its configured to the default audio device.