Monday, October 1, 2012
Reasons Not to Use Synthesizers
Here are some reasons NOT to use synthesizers in your productions.
1. If You need a natural sound, then don't use a synthesizer. Synthesizers do not cover enough audio ground unless they are also romplers/samplers. Most people don't listen to pure synth tones. Any programming to make them sound natural will be time wasted.
2. If you could have bought something else that makes you feel more creative.
3. Learning synthesizer takes away time from learning keyboards or production.
4. When they eat up your entire recording budget. You might have a problem! Synthesizer are very expensive for what they really do.
5. If synths don't fit into your style. You may like playing with them, but some instruments are just wrong for different reasons. Make music you want to listen to. For example, if you are more of a punk, going vintage or buying a new digital keyboard won't fit with your modern aesthetic of a laptop or converted video game console.