finally got around to measuring the oscillators in my tr808 hihat clone circuit:
263, 400, 421, 474, 562, 660 Hz....
This tip will make your drums sound more dynamic and natural will work in software, sampler, or korg/roland grooveboxes.
1. To make single drum samples sound more natural make a random +8 depth pitch mod. Set to random oscillation. This attempts to make multiple hits less predictable.
2. Use accents in your step sequencer.
3. Route the bass and snare to a guitar distortion pedal. Use the EQ and gain to subtley tweak the sound. This works well if your drum sample rom is too clean.
4. Layer multiple snare samples. On accents both samples are triggered; Non-accents a single, main snare sample will suffice.
Roland VP-7 Vocal processor This must be easier than carrying/purchasing the keyboard versions!
Octapad SPD-30 Percussion pad Comes with 50 onboard kits and V-drum technology. Better than a regular controller, this looks interesting if it turns out to be a good price.
Roland VR-700 - Crazy performance / stage 76 keyboard with its own drawbars, synth sounds, piano, etc...full size "waterfall" keys.
Arturia The Player, The Factory, The Laboratory (via Gear Junkies) The coming-soon midi controllers. I like the color!
Korg Kaoscillator Pro!!!
This looks like something from the original series of Star Trek or maybe DS9! Looks really cool.
-Four Loop Record Banks each allow up to four measures of loop recording
-Vocoder programs deliver scintillating vocal effects
As promised, Yamaha will be releasing the new Tenori-on Firmware Update (for both the White/Original and the Orange) on the first day of the show, January 14th. The new Tenori-on Orange features a white plastic casing with Orange LEDs. via Gear Junkies
Ever had trouble manually matching LFO rate to the tempo to make dubstep bass? Have a keyboard that uses splits or combis? Try this tip for instant wobble gratification!
1. First use this tutorial and get your basic wobble bass patch ready. This will be the slow version or 4/4 filter sync
Come back when your ready.
2. Create a copy of the patch on the upper registers of your keyboard
3. Adjust the copy's filter mod rate to 16th or 12th notes. This is the faster wobble sound.
4. Adjust the filter if necessary. Transpose down appropriately.
Now you can just hit a key on the upper registers to get the fast wobble or hook in your musical phrase. The filter is perfectly matched to the music, allowing you to experiment! Creating multiple copies of the same bass with slight modification creates interest for the listener.
eXo2 NEW from Blue Sky
....the EXO sub has been greatly reduced in size. The original EXO sub was approximately a 14” cube, the new SUB is much smaller (10”H x 9”W x 11”D) and yet still has much the same performance of the original EXO system.